When it is completed in 2015, the Maricopa Trail will comprise 242 miles and connect 9 different parks and recreational areas together. These include:
- Buckeye Hills Regional Park (spur route)
- Cave Creek Regional Park
- Estrella Mountain Regional Park
- Lake Pleasant Regional Park
- McDowell Mountain Regional Park
- San Tan Mountain Regional Park (spur route)
- South Mountain Park
- Spur Cross Ranch Conservation Area
- Usery Mountain Regional Park (spur route)
- White Tank Mountain Regional Park (spur route)
The project is expected to be finished in 2015.
I think the Maricopa Trail is a neat idea that will allow outdoor enthusiasts to explore everything that our county has to offer.