New Lego Store Opening Soon In Glendale

Oct 10, 2010

Lego Store ArizonaWho doesn't love to play with Legos? The colorful building blocks were one of my favorite toys as a child. Now, the Lego Company is preparing to open its second Arizona location at the Arrowhead Towne Center Mall in Glendale.

The Grand Opening ceremony will take place on the weekend of October 22nd-24th, 2010. A limited edition rattlesnake set will be available for purchase, but be warned that quantities are limited.

The first LEGO Store in Arizona opened at Chandler Fashion Center Mall in June of 2008. The Lego company operates 47 stores nationwide in 23 different states.

Besides Lego sets, they also offer grab bags of bricks and memorabilia for sale. I typically buy a handful of minifig keychains because they make such a great gift for friends and loved ones.

Inside the Lego Store
Whether you have kids or you're young at heart, I highly recommend checking out the LEGO Store for a very constructive weekend!

Grand Opening:
Friday, October 22: 11:00am - 7:00pm
Saturday, October 23: 10:00am - 6:00pm
Sunday, October 24: 11:00am - 6:00pm

Location:
Inside Arrowhead Towne Center Mall (near Dick's Sporting Goods)
7700 W. Arrowhead Towne Center Dr.
Glendale, AZ 85308

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Whatever happened to "Gino's Pizza"?
My dad use to work there & the boss always let him make an Everything Pizza & either a Cheese or Pepperoni Pizza & bring them home so We could eat?

Annette said...

Great memories, I had forgotten about the Super Slide (I was never taken there to ride on it but saw from the car when my parents drove by!) and "The World Beyond" on Channel 5.

I grew up near 7th Ave. where Los Compadres used to be which had great Mexican food. For many years it only had a take-out window until it expanded. We also went to the China Doll and Macayos as well as the Peppertree which had delicious chicken wings. On Easter we would go to The Islands restaurant. As a teenager I remember a restaurant called Central Avenue Yacht Club (as well as the famous Lunt Avenue Marble Club!). I also remember The Good Earth which had great sandwiches and bread.

There was a cute toy store in a standalone building on 7th Ave. called The Toy Cottage. I remember going on many shopping trips with my mother to Park Central and Chris-Town malls. When Pizza D'Amore opened at Chris-Town we would get their delicious slices of pizza fresh and hot from the oven which often burned the top of my mouth! Pizza D'Amore and Village Inn were always my favorite pizza places. I also remember the man who would be in front of the JC Penney store with an organ grinder and a little monkey who would take a penny from kids and tip his hat in return.

I also remember going to Bashas & Skaggs on 7th Ave. with my mother after she picked me up from school. I saw an article about that Bashas being possibly the oldest continuous operating grocery store in Arizona until it was torn down recently to build an apartment building. I'll attach the link to the article below as well as an article about Los Compadres, hopefully, they can be viewed.

Does anyone remember Val's photo studio? My mother bought an annual photo package when I was a baby and took me there once a year to have my photo taken for the first 9 or 10 years of my life. I also attended a small elementary school on 7th Avenue called Cambridge Day School, although everyone called it Candy Cane School because of the pink & white color scheme and a giant candy cane in front of the building with Casper the ghost riding on it. Students had to wear a uniform which for girls was a pink & white striped pinafore.

I'm glad I got to have the experience of growing up in a simpler time before the internet and cell phones.

https://www.phoenixmag.com/2017/01/24/more-than-a-grocery-vintage-downtown-phoenix-bashas-bids-adieu/

https://www.azcentral.com/story/entertainment/dining/2018/10/05/los-compadres-mexican-restaurant-7th-avenue-phoenix-closes-sold/1511862002/

Anonymous said...

Wow that's awesome! 7th Ave and???

Anonymous said...

Yeah those links ain't working for some reason.

Timothy McGrath said...

What about the old convenience store called "UTotem" before Circle K bought them out .Or that greasy but good chicken restaurant called Pioneers Chicken. My favorite is when you got to HS and got the free or discounted Tico tokens and they were metal looked like a penny with a hole through the center

 

©2008-2024 North Phoenix Blog. All Rights Reserved.